Each student will be required to teach a game to their fellow students during the semester.
To fully prepare to teach a game, I recommend the following:
- Read the rules. Often game rules are online or on BoardGameGeek.
- Play the game solo, pretending to be two players.
- Read the rules again to see what mistakes were made.
- Play game with fellow rules explainer.
- Read the rules (yet again) to see what mistakes were made.
- Create a rules summary with important things to remember.
- Teach the game to some friends and play it.
- Explainers will be teaching games separately.
- Depending on player counts, the explainer may not participate in the game they are teaching.
* In the case of authorized absences, a student can make a video (see "video examples" above). If the video is completed for class, it can receive full credit. If after class, the syllabus's late policy applies.