Syllabus scavenger hunt for Math 304
Answer the following based on the syllabus for this class. Raise hands when completed.
- How are warm-up assignments distinguished in the calendar? What is the warm-up assignment for next class?
- What are "CA" and where can you find them?
- If you have a non-authorized absence but complete the assignment before the instructor returns it to the class, how much credit is it worth?
- What is special about the quizzes?
- What are "MP"? How many MP does each student begin with?
- Assume you get 25 MP on Exam 1 and 35 MP on the final exam. Minimally, how many more MP do you need to get a "B" in the course?
- What is WeBWorK?
- What does it mean to "learn through problem solving"?
- Is this a "teaching methods" course? That is, a course designed teach you how to teach mathematics. (hint: "no")
- Ask one question about the course.