It may help to create a matrix to record and/or eliminate possibilites based on the clues. See Math Logic for a walkthrough.
Josh, Brett, Tracey, Dan, and Kevin each had breakfast this morning. One had pancakes, one had toast, one had a bagel, one had a donut, and one had sausages for breakfast. Use the clues below to identify what each person had for breakfast.
- Dan did not have donuts.
- Kevin did not have a bagel.
- Josh eats either donuts or pancakes for breakfast.
- Brett did not have toast or pancakes.
- Only Dan and Brett eat meat for breakfast.
- Dan ate either pancakes or toast for breakfast.
- Kevin did not eat toast or donuts.
Muppets on vacation
Three of the famous Muppets travel to their favorite amusement parks during their vacation. From the given clues, tell which park each Muppet visited and what kind of transportation each used.
- Kermit the Frog went to Disneyland.
- The Muppet who went to MarineWorld used a bike.
- Miss Piggy went in a car.
- Fozzie Bear did not use a bus.
- Only one Muppet has been to Magic Mountain.
Bill, Fred, John, and Tom are friends whose occupations are (in no particular order) nurse, secretary, teacher, and pilot. They attended a picnic recently, and each one brought his favourite barbeque item (hamburger, chicken, steak, and hot dogs). From the clues below, determine each man's name, occupation, and favourite barbeque item.
- Tom is neither the nurse nor the teacher.
- Fred and the pilot play golf together.
- The burger-lover and the teacher hate golf.
- Tom brought hot dogs.
- Bill sat next to the burger fan and across from the steak lover.
- The secretary hates golf.
For fun: Clue Suspects
A murder has been committed. There were at most two people per room and the person in the room with the body is the killer. Can you find the murderer from the following clues?
- The DEAD BODY was found in the LIBRARY.
- The only people in the mansion were: PROFESSOR PLUM, LADY LAVENDER, MR. GREEN, MISS SCARLET, COLONEL MUSTARD, and MRS. WHITE.
- The BALLROOM was empty but every other room contain at least one suspect.
- MR. GREEN was in the DINING ROOM with another person.
- MISS SCARLET was on the same floor as MRS. WHITE but in a room further east.
- PROFESSOR PLUM was on the same floor as COLONEL MUSTARD but in a room further west.
- MRS. WHITE was in the room above the room LADY LAVENDAR was in.
- The DEAD BODY was found in the KITCHEN.
- The only people in the mansion were: PROFESSOR PLUM, LADY LAVENDER, MR. GREEN, MISS SCARLET, COLONEL MUSTARD, MRS. WHITE, THE BUTLER, and MRS. PEACOCK.
- The DINING ROOM was empty.
- COLONEL MUSTARD and PROFESSOR PLUM were discussing military history in the LIBRARY.
- All the women were upstairs.
- MRS. WHITE was not in the same room as MRS. PEACOCK.
- MRS. PEACOCK was not in the same room as LADY LAVENDAR.
- MR. GREEN was not under the room MRS. WHITE was in.
- COLONEL MUSTARD was not under the room LADY LAVENDAR was in.
Source: Clue Suspects