Teaching Mathematics with Technology
hlascs (@) uwec.edu
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
—Arthur C Clarke
"The mathematics and computer science program shall include competencies in both subcategories" (PI 34). To achieve this goal, we will use project-based learning to explore technology representations designed to help students understand mathematical concepts and procedures. These technologies will likely include:
- Graphing calculators
- Dynamic geometry software
- Computer algebra systems
- Interactive presentation equipment
More course information is available on D2L.
- Weekly assignments focusing on a given technology
- Group technology activity
- Individual technology activity
- Bring your own internet-connected device.
- Attend the annual WMC conference (in spring!)
- Join professional organizations (look for student memberships):
- Become a Math Lab tutor
- Follow mathematics teacher blogs