hlascs (@) uwec.edu
Each problem I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems.
This course focuses on axiomatic thinking in Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries. Emphasis will be on proof techniques, finite geometries, Euclidean constructions, transformations, spherical geometry, hyperbolic geometry, and geometry software.
More course information is posted on D2L.
- Use interactive geometry software to make geometric conjectures.
- Understand axiomatic thinking.
- Write geometric proofs.
- Create a wikibook of important axioms, theorems, and proofs.
- Updates to the wikibook
- Weekly group quizzes
- Two projects
- Two in-class exams
- Final exam
- Geometry & Symmetry by Kinsey, Moore, & Prassidis, 2011
- Euclid Elements (with applets)
- Geometry software